After 29 years of flying (how did THAT happen?!), I've found several items to make traveling so much better...
- Travel Tip #1: Bring a reading light! This is great on airplanes or in your hotel room, in case the lighting isn't bright enough. (See photo below.)
- Travel Tip # 2: Individual bags/containers for everything. This makes your suitcase look very organized, which I love. Also this helps you not leave things behind when repacking, if the container is there but the item is not!
- Travel Tip #3: Bring an extension cord. Somehow the outlets are never where you want them, and this way you can also plug in multiple items.
- Travel Tip #4: Use something to organize your cords. These velcro strips I discovered on Amazon, and I love them!
- Travel Tip #5: Bring your own fan. I found mine for $5 at a local discount store, which shall remain nameless :-)
- Travel Tip #6: I like something to tell me what the temperature is...but this may be my own quirkiness coming out! Meanwhile I got this cool rechargeable LED light with alarm clock and temperature display on Amazon. (No, I'm not getting paid by them :))
- Travel Tip #7: Use clear plastic to store items, so that you can find them easily. I was always digging in order to find things, so I bought a jewelry bag with multiple zippered compartments. Voilà -- everything is visible at a glance!
Miscellaneous: Eye shades, ear plugs, bluetooth earbuds, moist towelettes, snacks, sweater, tea and coffee...
These are my favorite travel tips, but I travel solo. So many of my guests are homeschooling families or church groups.
Do you have any helpful ideas that you can share with other families and groups?
In my guesthouses I designed each bedroom to have easy access to outlets and lights. You have control of the thermostat, but we also have fans in each house for extra comfort.
And if you need an extension cord, just ask -- we keep extras on hand!
Come and stay at Deborah's Guesthouses -- see what a difference renting an entire house makes!